Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I Just Like Ice

Hey, organization in my building, quit bogarting the 7th floor kitchen. I respect the fact that you have to have (all-too) frequent meetings in the board room about, whatever, "inform[ing] and educat[ing] policy makers and the broader policy community about events and trends in those societies which are strategically or tactically important to the United States and which frequently restrict access to such information."

But I wish you'd respect the fact that I only like to drink water at a specific temperature (and, ahem, I think you mean "that are strategically" and "that frequently"). I don't want to go all the way downstairs (6 floors) when I could just go up one. The ice is better on 7 anyway. It's smaller, and I can eat it when I run out of water instead of just going to get more water. Just sayin'.

Seriously, every time I tried to sneak into the kitchen today to get some ice, there was a break and everyone came pouring out of the Jamestown Foundation meeting, blocking my access to the ice maker. So I drank cool water all day and didn't get to chew any ice. It was devastating.

Update: The organization asked that I take their name out of my blog, so I did. Who knew search engines worked so well? But I still want ice!

No comments: