Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Post: Agent of Conservative Propaganda

I wanted to hate this weird article on marriage, but it kind of made me laugh.

But then I wanted to make a joke about Bush's stupid marriage initiatives, but that just led me to this disappointing page. Obviously I haven't yet gotten that far in The Audacity of Hope. I already have a more lasting bond with my partner; it's called a 30-year, fixed-rate mortgage, and it means that we can't break up without transferring big bucks amongst ourselves and possibly out to some lawyers. And isn't that what marriage is all about?

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

That is a weird article. I think you should tie this post to a future post on "He's Just Not Into You". I saw the movie Monday night and it was not as terrible as I expected. Do you think the government marriage initiative includes funding for elaborate "honeymoons" in Tahiti that allow you to spend a couple weeks in seclusion bonding with your significant other?

Lizard said...

If they do, then it turns out I am in favor of them and would like to apply ASAP.