Saturday, November 15, 2008

Everybody's Workin' on the Weekend

Not everybody, I guess, but my co-worker and I sure are. Last night at 5 my boss told us that we would need to submit our annual report to the printer by noon on Monday. Which is one thing if your boss has given you all the material, and you've had time to lay it out, and the designer is ready to start packaging stuff. Sure, then Monday at noon is no problem.

But when you're barely halfway through because your boss keeps making major changes and hasn't even given you all the material to edit, well, then that's bull shit.

Guess which experience I'm having? At 10:30 this morning I had no fewer than 10 emails from my boss about stuff we had to do that day. I spent the next four hours editing and putting together the text for our designer and bugging my boss for the rest of the material.

So we've been working all day, and tomorrow we'll have to finish up (what we have!) and then I have to proofread it--our other editor will never see the annual report before it goes to print!--then who knows? I still don't see how we're going to make that deadline.

In the meantime, I'll be glued to my computer if you need anything.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Amen to that. I'm at Calvary RIGHT NOW, and I'm going to Pathways this afternoon. At least we've got free yoga/brunch... right?