Saturday, January 3, 2009

2009: In Which I Make No Excuses but Tell Plenty of Lies

Happy New Year! Lizard Writes returns from an extended holiday vacation with some updates.

Ok, A number 1, Wes and I made a sweet, sweet Christmas video blog (vlog, if you will). And I can't figure out how to post it. I know, you have no reason to believe me, and I didn't think to like, hold up the newspaper in it or anything to prove that I made it last week, but it definitely exists. If you come to my house, you can watch it. It does have our Christmas tree in the background, for what that's worth.

At some point I will figure out how to convert it into an uploadable format. So look for it in June or something (no excuses!).

Second, this article. Duh. It's no secret that I <3 style="font-style: italic;">Washington Post Magazine, and want Tom Shroder's job, but I don't usually read the "Editor's Note." Today I did, and all I have to say is that I would like the last 3 minutes of my life back. Or is that not how to be funny? I'm not saying anything that anyone who read that essay would find too surprising.

(I like Dave Barry, but he doesn't often make me laugh out loud. Writing humor is hit or miss (see, e.g., this blog). I wouldn't explain my reaction to it the way Shroder does, though.)

Third, I like this song. It's playing on Shuffle Songs now. Thanks, NPR!

No comments: