Saturday, September 6, 2008

Talk Me Down

So I haven't been able to blog for a few reasons. 1) I was baby-sitting on Wednesday for a small child who said "Helen Mirren can do anything" and his brother who made me watch Derek Jacobi's to be or not to be scene on YouTube and got home really late. 2) My friend is pretty sick, and we went to visit him on Thursday. I got home and passed out almost immediately after finishing my child-size fries and chocolate milk dinner. And 3) I fucking hate Sarah Palin with the burning fire of a thousand suns.

I'm so angry and insulted and stressed about her and the Republican campaign strategies that I can't stand it or organize my thoughts into anything that doesn't turn into a rant. She reminds me of this other "feminist" I knew who wants all the benefits of feminism but never misses a chance to attack other women. I mentioned before that I like to think the best of people, so this strategy of lying and appealing to the lowest common denominator really throws me for a loop. I get physically upset about it. No wonder some people hate affirmative action! (I still like it--otherwise the domestic terrorist Republicans have won.)

But luckily there is a shining beacon of hope. Yesterday, after spending the entire day at my desk, reading story after story about Sarah Palin until I wanted to cry, another Sarah came to my rescue. She's like Haley Joel Osmet in Pay It Forward, and I'm like Jesus on the bridge, and now I'm paying Sarah Haskins forward to you. It might be ok after all.


No comments: