Monday, September 22, 2008

I Just Need a Minute

So, I've been too tired and busy to really be able to blog as much as I've wanted to these past two weeks. Yesterday I was all set to return to blogging with renewed vigor. I have some stories about my weekend, and I'm working on some essays, and I've joined a writer's group (in name only so far), and Jenny Lewis has a new CD, plus I owe you guys a Ben Folds explanation. Nothing that funny, but you know, stuff.

But today I got some pretty sad news. I've had some people tell me they never realized I have a brother because I don't talk about him too much. But I do; he's six years younger than me, so we're not super close anymore, but I still like to think I look out for the kid. And right now my heart is breaking for him.

I never met his roommate Paul, but late last week I got an earful about what a great guy he was and how much Michael liked living with him. I'm sorry for my brother's loss and for Paul's family and other friends, and I just wanted some time tonight to be sad. Tomorrow I'll go back to being a jerk.

Thanks for bearing with me.

No comments: